Executive Director Position Announcement
Emerge Arkansas is a highly effective candidate training program whose mission is to recruit, train and inspire Democratic women in Arkansas to run for public office at the local, state and national levels. Emerge Arkansas is the 25th affiliate of Emerge America, a dynamic and growing national network of affiliates currently working in 25 states. 415 Emerge America alumnae won their general election races in 2018, including five women in Congress and nine statewide offices across the country.
For more information about Emerge Arkansas and the entire Emerge America network, please visit www.emergear.org or www.emergeamerica.org.
We are seeking a dedicated and skilled individual to serve as the full-time founding Executive Director. This position will report to the Emerge America Affiliate Director. The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to: fundraising and development, training program promotion and implementation, class recruitment, board management, public relations, information management, and support for program members and alumnae.
The Executive Director oversees all aspects of the Emerge Arkansas training program and is responsible for expanding and maintaining the organizational infrastructure and network. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Program & Communications
- Recruit, train, and inspire Democratic women to run for office;
- Execute the Signature 6-month and weekend candidate training programs, including recruiting program members, managing all training logistics, scheduling, and preparing trainers;
- Provide ongoing support, coaching, and continuing education to alumnae as they embark on running for office or advancing in politics;
- Serve as spokesperson for the organization and manage all external communications & media relations, including social media;
- Represent the organization at coalition meetings and with partner organizations and develop & maintain relationships with stakeholders.
Fundraising & Administration
- Manage day-to-day operations for the organization;
- Direct all fundraising efforts, with Board involvement, including: event management and donor solicitation in person or via phone, email, and mail;
- Cultivate and maintain relations with donors;
- Create and oversee the organization’s annual budget and finances;
- Maintain the organization’s files, data, and information.
- Build and manage relationships with the Board of Directors and oversee all board governance, including scheduling and preparing for board meetings, participating in board recruitment, development, and training;
- Support and engage Emerge Arkansas program members and alumnae;
- Maintain and grow a vibrant, inclusive network of diverse Emerge alumnae, women in office, male supporters, donors, trainers, mentors, recruits, and others to ensure meaningful connections for Democratic women in Arkansas;
- Ensure that Emerge Arkansas is actively participating with the national Emerge America organization;
- Identify opportunities to expand programmatic offerings.
- Relevant educational and/or professional training & experience;
- Demonstrated commitment to Democratic ideals;
- Strong fundraising and organizational skills;
- Passion for and knowledge of women’s political leadership issues and Arkansas politics;
- Comfort with public speaking and excellent written and oral communications;
- Experience running for office or working on a political campaign;
- Non-profit management experience in some of the following functions: boards of directors, staff, budgets, administrative functions, program development and fundraising;
- Relevant professional work experience;
- Ability to develop trusted and effective working relationships with diverse constituencies, including board members, staff, donors, volunteers, supporters, and stakeholders.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with a high degree of tact and discretion;
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and self-motivate, as well as work collaboratively with colleagues around the country;
- A valid driver’s license and insured vehicle. In-state travel and limited out-of-state travel is required.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Familiarity with database tools, NGPVAN, WordPress, etc. a plus;
- Experience with the Emerge program a plus;
- College degree preferred.
JOB SCHEDULE AND LOCATION
- This position is remote, but the executive director must be based in Arkansas. Evening and weekend work will be required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary range: $55,000-$65,000 with generous benefits
Emerge is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our mission. We want our team to reflect the incredible diversity of the women whose political power we seek to build. Therefore, we especially encourage applications from people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities and members of other groups who are underrepresented in our political system.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.